The ESD for 2030 framework is the global framework for 2020-2030, as approved by the 40th UNESCO General Conference and acknowledged by the 74th UN General Assembly in its Resolution 74/233.
UNESCO has just published Education for Sustainable Development: A roadmap which provides guidance for Member States and other stakeholders for the implementation of ESD for 2030. Learn more. The Roadmap is now available in English and will shortly be available in other languages as well.
In preparation for the upcoming UNESCO World Conference on ESD 17-19 May 2021, UNESCO is organizing regional online launch events of the ESD for 2030 Roadmap to discuss implementation at the local level.
Register for your local session:
- Asia and the Pacific: Thursday 19 November 8:00 – 9:15 UTC+1 (Paris time) – Register here
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Friday 20 November 15:00 – 16:15 UTC+1 (Paris time) Register here
- Arab region: Tuesday 24 November 15:00 – 16:15 UTC+1 (Paris time) Register here
- Africa: Thursday 26 November 12:30 – 14:00 UTC+1 (Paris time) Register here
- Europe and North America: Tuesday 1 December 15:00 – 16:15 UTC+1 (Paris time) Register here
Contact: Alexander Leicht, Chief, Section of Education for Sustainable Development, Division for Peace and Sustainable Development, Education Sector.